Why Choose Us?
Our team are what makes our nursery so special. Each and every member of our team is highly valued and a very important team player. We pride ourselves on continuing to foster their professional development
We are proud to have received outstanding feedback which has been achieved by continually working in partnership with parents/carers
We pride ourselves on our indoor and outdoor facilities which have been developed to provide outstanding learning experiences for children
What’s on at First Steps Nursery…
About First Steps Nursery?
Our vision is to provide quality and inspirational learning for children.
Our setting is registered for 105 children and provides excellent indoor and outdoor facilities. Our building is single storey and conveniently situated in Bury. The nursery is easily accessible from across Bury and the surrounding areas and has excellent links to the M60, M66 and A58 for those travelling from further afield.
We know it can be daunting to choose a nursery for your child and understand the anxiety this decision can bring as you can be leaving your child in someone else’s care and education for the first time. We work closely with families and actively encourage parents/carers to become involved with their child’s learning, building further on these parental partnerships throughout your First Steps journey.
We provide the highest standard of care and education; our dedicated staff support child-initiated, spontaneous play as well as offering a range of focused activities and because staff understand the needs of each child in their care they are able to challenge and encourage them to be inquisitive and make outstanding progress. First Steps is a unique environment in which children are actively encouraged to explore, learn, communicate and interact with others.
We have an extensive enclosed garden for each area where the children can play in absolute safety. ‘Outside’ play is an essential part of the nursery day at First Steps – it is only inclement weathers that keeps us indoors! The children help to garden and plant bulbs, seeds, herbs according to the seasons.
First Steps offers a homely caring environment where your child can truly ‘Learn Through Play’. We seek to employ the very best staff from the local area and we pride ourselves on our staff retention and between us we have decades of knowledge and experience. The experience and quality of our team really shines through and they are totally dedicated to their job.
We Provide Quality Childcare?
We pride ourselves on providing high quality child-centred holistic care for your child in a secure comfortable setting. Our practitioners are highly skilled in maximising every opportunity for learning and as a result children make rapid progress in all areas of development.
The first few years of your child’s life are the most important; at no other point in their life will they learn and develop so much. It is important to nurture them through these formative years and we provide a safe, stimulating, and challenging environment for them to develop to their full potential.
We have a wide range of play activities and equipment appropriate to your child’s age and we work through a stimulating, planned and child-initiated curriculum to make sure development is balanced and thorough.
We use the Special Carer system to ensure every child has a sense of familiarity and belonging, giving them a good base to play, make new friends and develop a love of learning. Across all our rooms we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework, giving us an excellent, approved base to make sure every child becomes the best they can be.
We firmly believe that children benefit the most when parents/carers and staff work together in partnership. The nursery team welcomes parents/carers as partners and this relationship needs to be built on trust and understanding.
What Makes Us The Best Nursery In Bury?
- We are passionate about the care we provide and are continuously looking at ways to further excel.
- Happy Children. We provide a secure, caring and stimulating environment where children are treated as individuals and feel respected, valued and confident.
- We firmly believe that children benefit the most when parents/carers and staff work together in partnership. The nursery team welcomes parents/carers as partners and this relationship needs to be built on trust and understanding.
- We carefully plan activities around the children’s individual needs and routines and build upon their experiences and interests.
- Our staff are what makes our nursery so special. Each and every member of staff is highly valued and a very important team player. We pride ourselves on continuing professional development.
- At our nursery we encourage all our children to develop and grow through a well balanced healthy diet. We are passionate about the quality of food that we provide and use only quality branded products. We offer daily nutritious food for all the children in our care; our menus are carefully planned with the emphasis on healthy eating.
- We offer consistently high-quality educational care in a safe, caring and warm environment, with all of our services coming at highly competitive prices, making us one of the most popular nursery options for families in Bury. Each and every one of our staff team embodies that same commitment to supporting young children to learn and play in a safe and secure environment that is an extension of the care they receive at home