Lets Beat Sepsis Together!
Sepsis is a life-threatening condition in which the body’s response to an infection causes damage to tissues and organs. It affects at least 200,000 adults and children in the UK every year, claiming as many as 52,000 lives! Forty per cent of survivors suffer life-changing after-effects, yet, despite the shocking statistics, awareness of sepsis is far too low.
What are the symptoms?
- Breathing fast
- Has a fit or convulsion
- Looks mottled, bluish or pale
- Has a rash that doesn’t fade when you press it
- Is very lethargic or difficult to wake
- Feels abnormally cold to touch
- Slurred speech or confusion
- Extreme shivering or muscle pain
- Passing no urine (in a day)
- Severe breathlessness
- It feels like your very ill
- Skin mottled or discoloured
We have leaflets in the office from the UK sepsis trust which give you more details.